The Fourth of July is the ultimate summer day, filled with grilling out, being with friends and family, and … fireworks.
This holiday, if you live in an area where fireworks are legal and want to try them out, protect yourself, family and neighbors with our Top Firework Safety Tips!
• Leave fireworks to the experts. Designate an experienced captain.
• Never allow young children to handle fireworks
• Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
• Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
• Never light them indoors
• Only use them away from people, houses and flammable material
• Never point or throw fireworks at another person
• Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
• Never ignite devices in a container
• Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
• Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
• Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire
• Never use illegal fireworks
• Make sure your applicable insurance policies are up-to-date and active.
Our team at eGen is here to help answer any of your coverage questions. Get in touch with our team today.